Debugging ActiveX DLL from ASP
Author Message
 Debugging ActiveX DLL from ASP

Hello,

I developed ActiveX DLL  for use by ASPs. Is there a way I can debug a DLL
from ASP? By saying that,  I mean when I used browser to retrieve ASP pages,
at the same time , I can use VB to step through the DLL.

Thanks in advance

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:47:17 GMT
 Debugging ActiveX DLL from ASP
You can debug by

Starting the project in VB with appropriate breakpoints
Creating a web project in Visual Interdev
Run the project in Visual Interdev

When it steps into the VB component VB should now break.   If this does not
work please search for articles on this newsgroup as configuring debugging
in Interdev can be a bit fiddly.

--
Rob

Free survey ASP component now available for download

http://www.dotNetDevelopment.co.uk/

Quote:
> Hello,

> I developed ActiveX DLL  for use by ASPs. Is there a way I can debug a DLL
> from ASP? By saying that,  I mean when I used browser to retrieve ASP
pages,
> at the same time , I can use VB to step through the DLL.

> Thanks in advance

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:08:41 GMT
 Debugging ActiveX DLL from ASP
You can register the component in MTS or COM+, then you need to get the
Application ID using the MTS console, application property. Then go to your
VB COM project configuration, under debugging tab, fill the Start Program
with C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DLLHOST.EXE /ProcessID:(application ID). Finally
place a breakpoint anywhere in the COM code. When ASP reaches the method
having the breakpoint, it will stop at the breakpoint you placed.

Cheers
Jaime

Quote:
> Hello,

> I developed ActiveX DLL  for use by ASPs. Is there a way I can debug a DLL
> from ASP? By saying that,  I mean when I used browser to retrieve ASP
pages,
> at the same time , I can use VB to step through the DLL.

> Thanks in advance

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:12:32 GMT

1. Debugging EXE ActiveX running under ASP

2. How debug ActiveX Server Exe called from ASP

3. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

4. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP in Windows 2003 Server

5. Debug a vb dll in asp

6. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

7. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

8. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

9. Debugging VB dll sitting in COM+, called by ASP

10. Debugging VB6 dll for ASP page

11. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP/IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 Server

12. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page