Self Delete--explain again
Author Message
 Self Delete--explain again

if this is frank,
i'm sorry to bother you again but i got to a web site and there was
written--
to delete a file while being used write this:
nul="c:\temp.txt"
for example....
now, i did it but it didn't worked, so please just explain me

for the rest of you here is my Q:
Hello evrybody!
 i'd like to know how  do i make my program delete itself from different
loacations,
 i mean the source drive and the hard drive are different all the time
 (different computers)

 AND GUYS---- i have been asked for a million times if it is a virus,
well.................
ITS CERTANLY NOT!!!
 this is a little expirement that i making at my home.....
 and that's all.
 PLEASE HELP ME....

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Self Delete--explain again
Why do you keep asking this?  The main purpose you wanted this information
was so you could keep someone from running the app again.  This is what you
stated before...

Hello everybody!
i want to ask what do i need to write to make my programm delete it self
after use
or something-- the source drive and the source dir are different- but not
nessesrly.
this is absolutly not a virus--
this is actually calculator that i made-- and i want it delete itself after
1 use--
kind of shareware-- if the user want to get the full version-- he need to
pay me 2$.
that's the big deal!
SO PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION!

------------------------------------
end quote

Why do you just write something to the registry after they run your app?
Then the next time they try to run it pop up a message.  Doesn't matter
where they move the file on their machine.  It would always check the
registry, pop up a message and then close.  Much more professional and you
can reiterate where they can go to buy the application in their message.

Scott

Quote:
> if this is frank,
> i'm sorry to bother you again but i got to a web site and there was
> written--
> to delete a file while being used write this:
> nul="c:\temp.txt"
> for example....
> now, i did it but it didn't worked, so please just explain me

> for the rest of you here is my Q:
> Hello evrybody!
>  i'd like to know how  do i make my program delete itself from different
> loacations,
>  i mean the source drive and the hard drive are different all the time
>  (different computers)

>  AND GUYS---- i have been asked for a million times if it is a virus,
> well.................
> ITS CERTANLY NOT!!!
>  this is a little expirement that i making at my home.....
>  and that's all.
>  PLEASE HELP ME....

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Self Delete-explain

2. fso.delete(self) - how to refer to self?

3. insert and delete then print and delete again.

4. Self delete

5. delete items in DeletedItems Folder of self added .pst file

6. Self-Delete a file

7. self deleting executable?

8. Task Scheduler API self delete job

9. Self Delete or modify