Using UNICODE controls in VB
Author Message
 Using UNICODE controls in VB

Visual Basic seem to be using ANSI version of controls by default. Therefore
multilingual characters don't appear as they are supposed to.

Using C++, this setting can be altered by using "/DUNICODE" compile option.
This was instead of using ANSI TextBoxes (and other controls) widechar
(unicode) will be used.

So basically I need a way to set VB to use Unicode version of controls.

Thanks,

Vladimir Khavulya

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 05:33:26 GMT
 Using UNICODE controls in VB
Hi,

Please see Q193540 - HOWTO: Read and Display UNICODE String on Visual Basic
Form (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q193/5/40.ASP).

In brief, you have to use the Forms 2.0 controls, however note that FM20.DLL
is not redistributable.

Regards,

Ade.

Quote:
> Visual Basic seem to be using ANSI version of controls by default.
Therefore
> multilingual characters don't appear as they are supposed to.

> Using C++, this setting can be altered by using "/DUNICODE" compile
option.
> This was instead of using ANSI TextBoxes (and other controls) widechar
> (unicode) will be used.

> So basically I need a way to set VB to use Unicode version of controls.

> Thanks,

> Vladimir Khavulya

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 06:06:06 GMT
 Using UNICODE controls in VB
I tried that, it doesn't support a feature where you can type in in
russian/hebrew, etc; although it can display unicode if font is set
manually.

Quote:
> Hi,

> Please see Q193540 - HOWTO: Read and Display UNICODE String on Visual
Basic
> Form (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q193/5/40.ASP).

> In brief, you have to use the Forms 2.0 controls, however note that
FM20.DLL
> is not redistributable.

> Regards,

> Ade.

> > Visual Basic seem to be using ANSI version of controls by default.
> Therefore
> > multilingual characters don't appear as they are supposed to.

> > Using C++, this setting can be altered by using "/DUNICODE" compile
> option.
> > This was instead of using ANSI TextBoxes (and other controls) widechar
> > (unicode) will be used.

> > So basically I need a way to set VB to use Unicode version of controls.

> > Thanks,

> > Vladimir Khavulya

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:26:40 GMT
 Using UNICODE controls in VB
Surely the language used for typing is down to your keyboard settings,
provided that you have the correct font selected in the input control. For
example, Windows 2000 allows you to have multiple keyboard locales loaded
and to be able to switch between them.

Ade.

Quote:
> I tried that, it doesn't support a feature where you can type in in
> russian/hebrew, etc; although it can display unicode if font is set
> manually.

> > Hi,

> > Please see Q193540 - HOWTO: Read and Display UNICODE String on Visual
> Basic
> > Form (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q193/5/40.ASP).

> > In brief, you have to use the Forms 2.0 controls, however note that
> FM20.DLL
> > is not redistributable.

> > Regards,

> > Ade.

> > > Visual Basic seem to be using ANSI version of controls by default.
> > Therefore
> > > multilingual characters don't appear as they are supposed to.

> > > Using C++, this setting can be altered by using "/DUNICODE" compile
> > option.
> > > This was instead of using ANSI TextBoxes (and other controls) widechar
> > > (unicode) will be used.

> > > So basically I need a way to set VB to use Unicode version of
controls.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Vladimir Khavulya

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:09:49 GMT
 Using UNICODE controls in VB
There's a book about this...

the only book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:53:48 GMT
 Using UNICODE controls in VB
for strings, i use:
strconv(contrl.text,vbunicode)
Sanjeev

Quote:
> Visual Basic seem to be using ANSI version of controls by default.
Therefore
> multilingual characters don't appear as they are supposed to.

> Using C++, this setting can be altered by using "/DUNICODE" compile
option.
> This was instead of using ANSI TextBoxes (and other controls) widechar
> (unicode) will be used.

> So basically I need a way to set VB to use Unicode version of controls.

> Thanks,

> Vladimir Khavulya

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:53:26 GMT

1. Using UNICODE controls in VB

2. Using UNICODE controls in VB

3. Access to Excell Unicode Text using Data Control

4. Is MS Hierarchial Flexigrid Control available in VB 6.0, Unicode Compliant

5. Unicode support in VB 5.0 controls on Windows NT 4.0

6. What are controls in VB support Unicode ?

7. VB: Unicode supported Textbox-Control

8. Can VB controls support Unicode?

9. displaying unicode characters in vb controls like ListView

10. Anyone know if there are Unicode compliant replacements for the standard VB controls

11. Unicode characters in Label Control / text control.

12. Unicode string to unicode coded string?