COM+ ASP Error
Author Message
 COM+ ASP Error

Hello All,  I have a baffling problem here.  I have an application that is
running on a COM+ Server, and I have an ASP application that uses the
objects in the COM+ Application. Everything works fine except on some
occassions (about 25%) of the time) when an ASP Session is started, it gets
the following error:
---------------------------
Active Server Pages error '8002802b'

Create object failed

?

An error occurred while creating object 'SessionSec'.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ae'

Class doesn't support Automation: 'SessionSec'

/CheckMateLite/common_scripts/topmenu.asp, line 7

----------------------------------

The ASP Code I am using to create this object as a session object is:

<Object id="SessionSec" ProgID="mmSecurityAdmin.AccessContext"
runat="Server" Scope="Session">
</Object>

I am extremely perplexed as to why this is happening (We use the same
component on the same COM+ Server from a WIN32 application with no problems)

if anyone has experienced anything like this, I would really appreciate any
insights.

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:15:40 GMT
 COM+ ASP Error
FYI

I found the cause of this error...
(At least what was causing it on my systems).

You need to set the project to Unattended Execution, and Retain in Memory
within the Project Properties tab.

Below is the link to the article.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:bCzkss0RnGYC:support.microsoft.c...
ort/kb/articles/q241/8/96.asp+error+800706be&hl=en&lr=lang_en

[...]

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:22:08 GMT

1. Cannot run ASP pages anymore - COM+ and ASP error

2. IIS4 No Longer Shows Error Messages In ASP Pages or COM Objects

3. Error Trapping a COM call to MSWord object from ASP

4. Type mismatch error using ADO / ASP / VB COM Component

5. ASP and COM Ran out of memory Error

6. IIS4 No Longer Shows Error Messages In ASP Pages or COM Objects

7. Passing error from Com component to ASP

8. error to call com from ASP?!!!

9. Error connecting from COM to SQL thru ASP

10. Error handling between COM and ASP

11. Help needed on COM error / ASP Page

12. ASP - COM - SQL error handling