Quitting VB application
Author Message
 Quitting VB application

Hi there!!!
I need to know if  there is a functionality in VB which can help me to exit
an application programmaticaly without user interaction.

10x very much in advance!!!

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:05:12 GMT
 Quitting VB application
Well, this is how I do it.

Create a sub in a module, I call mine "AppExit".  Inside that, it sets all
the objects to nothing and does any other "cleanup" work necessary.  Then,
it executes the "End" statement and voila.

Programmatically, you just call "AppExit" and then the app programatically
exits.  If you are talking about terminating the application via automation,
just be sure to create a sub on the primary class module of your
application, I call mine "Quit", thus "Application.Quit()" and then that
Quit sub calls the "AppExit" sub and things happen as you'd expect.

Thanks,
Shawn

Quote:

> Hi there!!!
> I need to know if  there is a functionality in VB which can help me to
exit
> an application programmaticaly without user interaction.

> 10x very much in advance!!!

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:33:49 GMT

1. How to quit a VB-application

2. Resetting original system colors on quitting application

3. Disable Application Quit ("X") Button

4. Auto Quit Application after No Activity

5. Newbie Application.Quit Question

6. Acc97: Application.Quit hangs task

7. Application.Quit statement resets Variables?

8. Access 97 - Application.Quit does not work if msgbox is displayed

9. objWord.Application.Quit crashes Word97

10. Repost -- ACC97: GPF on Application.Quit

11. Detecting application quit

12. ACC97: GPF on Application.Quit (and shutdown problem)...