Interfaces IUnknown
Author Message
 Interfaces IUnknown

Hi, somebody know if is posible using the methods of the interfaces IUnknown
and IDispatch of one COM component with VB?

Thanks
Juan Carlos

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:16:45 GMT
 Interfaces IUnknown

Quote:

> Hi, somebody know if is posible using the methods of the interfaces IUnknown
> and IDispatch of one COM component with VB?

> Thanks
> Juan Carlos

i am not a super expert, but my guess is no.  VB will not
let you call queryinterface, addref or releaseref.  You also
can't get to the methods in IDispatch.

I hope i understood your question.
--
-------------------
Dan Holmes

work -> http://www.ivsi.com
play -> http://www.geocities.com/heartland/hollow/3097

Insert Disclaimer:
Most of the time i think for myself, at least that is what
they tell me.

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:37:52 GMT
 Interfaces IUnknown

Quote:
> Hi, somebody know if is posible using the methods of the interfaces
IUnknown
> and IDispatch of one COM component with VB?

Yes, it's posible. But you will need a type library with the interfaces
declared in a VB compatible way.

--
Eduardo A. Morcillo
http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:59:14 GMT

1. 'hidden' interface IUnknown

2. Implementing IUnknown interface in Access 2000 class

3. Exposing NEWENUM IUNKNOWN interface from a VBA Class mOdule

4. Cannot implement interface in VB with IUnknown retval

5. How to implement Interfaces with Propertys returning IUnknown????

6. How to implement Interfaces with Propertys returning IUnknown????

7. Need help with interface type: IUnknown

8. Using OCX with IUnknown * and IUnknown ** params

9. Strange problem with collection and IUnknown...

10. IUnknown not found

11. Frustration, Collections Class and IUnknown

12. Public Property Get NewEnum() As IUnknown