IIS and dll file problem
Author Message
 IIS and dll file problem

I have write a dll file which shared by asp and vb exe file. The IIS control
2 domains. If I want to replace the dll file, I must reboot the IIS.
However, rebooting IIS affect 2 domains which stop service at that time. I
want to know  how to release the locking of dll without reboot of IIS.
Thanks.

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:46:38 GMT
 IIS and dll file problem

Sometimes you can use "Kill.exe" from "Window Resource Kit" to kill
"Inetinfo" and "IISAdmin" process.

On Sat, 11 May 2002 09:46:38 +0800, "12345"

Quote:

>I have write a dll file which shared by asp and vb exe file. The IIS control
>2 domains. If I want to replace the dll file, I must reboot the IIS.
>However, rebooting IIS affect 2 domains which stop service at that time. I
>want to know  how to release the locking of dll without reboot of IIS.
>Thanks.

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:51:27 GMT
 IIS and dll file problem
If you're using IIS 4 or higher, set you application protection to "High"
for the application using the dll.  When you want to release the lock, open
the properties dialog for your application and choose "Unload" - high
protection means that your application works in its own memory space,
separate from IIS, and so can unload the dll without restarting IIS

Good luck

David Robertson

Quote:
> I have write a dll file which shared by asp and vb exe file. The IIS
control
> 2 domains. If I want to replace the dll file, I must reboot the IIS.
> However, rebooting IIS affect 2 domains which stop service at that time. I
> want to know  how to release the locking of dll without reboot of IIS.
> Thanks.

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 05:47:07 GMT

1. DLL problems on IIS

2. Problems with IIS 4.0 and ActiveX dll's

3. VB IIS DLL file accessible in HTML/ASP page

4. Problem invoking a method in a dll (from IIS) that modifies the system registry

5. Still having a problem with system calls in ActiveX DLL from IIS

6. Problems building install file - AutPrx32.dll, AutMgr32.dll, RACMGR32.dll, CLIREG32.exe NOT FOUND

7. VB5 (or C++) on IIS, problem writing a file

8. access rights issue using a third party dll from my dll under iis

9. Cab file decompression problem: using lz32.dll or cabinet.dll

10. Cab file decompression problem: using lz32.dll or cabinet.dll

11. Handling file input from HTML form - sending a file to the server (IIS)

12. Check DLL-File (Exist DLL-File?)