VB DCOM very slow under ASP
Author Message
 VB DCOM very slow under ASP

I have created the MS test DCOM server as described in Q266717,
which simply calls and returns the server's time.  I wrote a VB
.exe test client and an ASP page to call the DCOM object.  When
both the client and server are on my internal network, the DCOM
object works as expected.  When I switch the server to our
external 'internet' connection, the VB .exe test client continues
to work (it takes about 3 seconds to return) but the ASP page
takes 15-30 seconds to run, and then times out about half the
time.

Why would ASP have trouble under these circumstances?  What should
I look to add/change about the DCOM object?  I assume that the
permissions are OK, otherwise the ASP page would never return
correctly at all - is this assumption correct?

Steve Guidos

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:13:42 GMT

1. SLOW - ADO ASP FOXPRO CDX - SLOW

2. COM, DCOM, VB, ASP Knowledge Base

3. Slow DCOM

4. DCOM Slow To Respond To Remote Call

5. DCOM: Slower creating object then RemAuto

6. Sending Form Object via DCOM is slow

7. DCOM: Slower creating object then RemAuto

8. DCOM over VPN object creation is horrendously slow

9. DB connection via DCOM - working but slow

10. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

11. DCOM, DCOM , DCOM!!!

12. VB4 is slow..slow....slow