VB Debugger Causes Marshalling Problems?
Author Message
 VB Debugger Causes Marshalling Problems?

I have an application consisting mostly of COM objects developed in C++ and
ActiveX controls developed in VB.

One of the COM objects implements an interface IMyInterface with a Copy
method whose signature is similar to this:

    HRESULT Copy( IMyInterface *pif )

The application works as expected under normal non-debugging conditions;
however, it fails when the ActiveX controls are loaded in the de{*filter*} when
IMyInterface::Copy is invoked to copy an object created in the VB6.exe
process to or from and object created in the application's process.  The
error seems to come up when the implementation of Copy QI's for a different
interface on the "remote" object... the interface pointer looks okay, but
all attempts to invoke methods on the newly obtained interface pointer fail.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:27:27 GMT

1. Debugger attach causing precision difference?

2. install vb.net cause vb 6 error--30468 problem

3. Problem with Marshalling and Structures

4. Problem with VB 6.0 Debugger

5. VB 4.0 debugger problems with DLLs--Christina Harris

6. VB 4.0 (16-bit) debugger problems calling dlls

7. I have a problem when loading dll in VB debugger, pls help

8. Marshalling in Vb Dll

9. VB COM MARSHALLING

10. SQL Debugger: SFI Announces New Debugger Capability To be Included in SQL-Programmer 2.5 This Summer

11. vb behaviours causing problems

12. Can networked system cause problems with vb apps.?