Memory decrease when running VB apps.........
Author Message
 Memory decrease when running VB apps.........

Hi i have a problem, i'm using VB6 with sp4, and everytime i run a vb app,
close it, then my windows nt memory keeps on decreasing...

And when i look in the task manager, i see the application still there, even
thou i closed it and it's not displayed anywhere on the status bar.

further more in task manager, there is a new service running after i close
the vb app, and doesn't go away, i think THAT takes my memory away, i can't
kill it either..

the service is called DLLHOST.EXE

any ideas on this memory leak in compiled exe apps?

thanks!

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:23:15 GMT
 Memory decrease when running VB apps.........

  You don't release all your objects. Do that.
  set obj=nothing

Karl

Quote:

> Hi i have a problem, i'm using VB6 with sp4, and everytime i run a vb app,
> close it, then my windows nt memory keeps on decreasing...

> And when i look in the task manager, i see the application still there, even
> thou i closed it and it's not displayed anywhere on the status bar.

> further more in task manager, there is a new service running after i close
> the vb app, and doesn't go away, i think THAT takes my memory away, i can't
> kill it either..

> the service is called DLLHOST.EXE

> any ideas on this memory leak in compiled exe apps?

> thanks!

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:53:12 GMT
 Memory decrease when running VB apps.........
See "Memory keeps growing" and "How to check memory leaks ?" threads also
posted on 3/14/01.

Steven

Quote:

>Hi i have a problem, i'm using VB6 with sp4, and everytime i run a vb app,
>close it, then my windows nt memory keeps on decreasing...

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 05:55:07 GMT

1. VB.Net app runs out of memory, why?

2. Insufficient Memory to Run App"

3. Create and run app from memory

4. running DOS PROgram from VB APP using variables in the app

5. Warning message when creating Excel object from Vb App when app is running as a service

6. Run VB app directly from CD without running setup

7. I need to decrease 24 bits bitmaps to 4 bits using VB

8. Are there problems running VB 4 and VB 5 apps on same machine

9. How to Run VB EXE From Within VB App

10. vb app memory usage

11. Memory Footprint of VB.Net apps

12. Why does my VB App stay in memory