Access a COM object of a COM object?
Author Message
 Access a COM object of a COM object?

Kollin,

You can make a reference to Excel instance as a property of your interface.
This should be easy, maybe I just didn't understand the quiestion? But if I
did, then just create a public property in your interface:

Public Property Get ExcelInstance() As Object
    Set ExcelInstance = m_xls
End Property

--
HTH,
Alexander Shirshov, MCSD

Quote:
> I am writing an interface for a COM object, to be accessed
> by another program written in VB.  My COM interface
> creates an external instance of Excel for dumping some
> data.  How do I pass the Excel instance from my interface
> to the VB program so the VB program can have control of
> the external instance of Excel directly?

> Thanks,
> Kollin

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:29:38 GMT

1. Accessing a COM object of a COM object

2. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as parameter

3. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as Parameter

4. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

5. COM Object-Out of stack space on executing/shell exe from com object

6. Call VB DLL or COM object from within VB COM object or EXE

7. Need to Access ASP Session Objects from External COM Object

8. Accessing the web server's Printer object from a VB6 COM object

9. Accessing the web server's Printer object from a VB6 COM object

10. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

11. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

12. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects