DCOM ERROR Run-time error "91"
Author Message
 DCOM ERROR Run-time error "91"

Hi all,

i have this Problem:
a Dcom_Application  is running on the Server
when i try to run  it on the  Client, i get the error:
"
Run-time error "91"
object variable or with block variable not set
"

in Eventlog i find the description:

DCOM has got the error "starting the servers faild" from Computer
"Server-IP", as it tried to active the  server {.............}

thx 4 you help

Zaki

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:03:11 GMT
 DCOM ERROR Run-time error "91"
Zaki,

Try copying and pasting the error from the event log so we can see what the
actual error is.  You might also want to try checking out some of the
following articles for starters:

Q177394 - HOWTO: Troubleshoot Run-Time Error '429' in DCOM Applications
Q193143 - BUG: DCOM Client Hangs and Then Gives Error 429
Q183607 - HOWTO: Configure DCOM for Visual Basic Using DCOMCNFG.EXE
Q269330 - HOWTO: Troubleshoot DCOM for VB Client/Server Applications

To find a KB article you can type "MSKB articlenum" into Internet
Explorer's Address Bar (without the quotes) or you can go to
http://support.microsoft.com.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: DCOM ERROR  Run-time error "91"
| Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:03:11 +0100

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.com
|
| Hi all,
|
| i have this Problem:
| a Dcom_Application  is running on the Server
| when i try to run  it on the  Client, i get the error:
| "
| Run-time error "91"
| object variable or with block variable not set
| "
|
| in Eventlog i find the description:
|
| DCOM has got the error "starting the servers faild" from Computer
| "Server-IP", as it tried to active the  server {.............}
|
| thx 4 you help
|
| Zaki

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:27:38 GMT
 DCOM ERROR Run-time error "91"
Typically, this is caused by accessing a method of an object before that
object is instantiated.  For example, commenting out the 2nd line of code
below will cause this error.

Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
Set rs.ActiveConnection = gConn
rs.Open("Select * From MyTable")

--
Daniel Wilson
CompuSoft Solutions and The Worthwhile Company http://www.worthwhile.com

Quote:
> Hi all,

> i have this Problem:
> a Dcom_Application  is running on the Server
> when i try to run  it on the  Client, i get the error:
> "
> Run-time error "91"
> object variable or with block variable not set
> "

> in Eventlog i find the description:

> DCOM has got the error "starting the servers faild" from Computer
> "Server-IP", as it tried to active the  server {.............}

> thx 4 you help

> Zaki

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 04:19:28 GMT

1. HELP : Error 91 : Run-Time Error 91 Object Variable or With

2. Printing Error "Run Time error 486"

3. run time error "52": bad file name or number

4. HELP "Run-time error 432" HELP

5. Run-Time error "430"?

6. RDO run time error "40041"

7. Urgent: run-time error "458"

8. Run - Time Error "0"

9. Help please with "Run time error"

10. Run-time Error "-2147319779(8002801d)":

11. Run Time Error "424"???

12. RUN TIME ERROR "424"....