regarding msgbox
Author Message
 regarding msgbox

Msgbox blocks everything from running til user chose a answer, i have couple
timers that needs to
be running constantly...what should i do??

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:30:14 GMT
 regarding msgbox

Quote:
> Msgbox blocks everything from running til user chose a answer, i have couple
> timers that needs to
> be running constantly...what should i do??

First thing I would recommend is to check out Karl Peterson's site.  I know he's
worked on MsgBox() issues before, although I don't know if this is one of them.
http://www.mvps.org/vb

One option is to create your own message box form.  Then you can display it
modelessly, and do your own background processing while the user thinks.

Another option is to create an ActiveX EXE that runs all the timer stuff in a
separate process.  That way, it won't be disturbed by waits in the main app.

-- Matthew Solnit

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:47:18 GMT
 regarding msgbox
You could replace your msgbox with a non-modal Form
(calling it with Form.Show)...

Quote:

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:57:53 GMT
 regarding msgbox
try this:
Declare Function MBox Lib "user32" Alias "MessageBoxA" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal lpText As String, ByVal lpCaption As String, ByVal wType As Long) As
Long

Quote:
> Msgbox blocks everything from running til user chose a answer, i have
couple
> timers that needs to
> be running constantly...what should i do??

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 03:21:00 GMT
 regarding msgbox

Quote:

> Msgbox blocks everything from running til user chose a answer, i have
> couple timers that needs to
> be running constantly...what should i do??

That only happens when you run the project in the IDE. Once it's compiled
the timer will run even if you show a message box.

--
Eduardo A. Morcillo [MS MVP VB]
http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:33:22 GMT

1. Simple Question regarding MsgBox()

2. Regarding Lookups

3. Regarding form

4. uninformed question regarding VAL

5. Regarding Importing

6. small question regarding control updates

7. regarding usingn access 2000 database in crystal report

8. Regarding Two Column Chart

9. Regarding Creating Chart from Table

10. Question regarding file selection and manipulation

11. Question regarding setfocus

12. Where to find good books regarding VBA programming?