Com+ under XP?
Author Message
 Com+ under XP?

Hi,

I am due to be given a new machine running windows XP.
The VB COM+ application I have been working has been
developed and tested on a machine running WIn 2000
Server.  Are there any issues with developing COM+ apps
under XP that I should be aware of?

Any help appreciated.

Jay

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:00:50 GMT
 Com+ under XP?
Not really. Your code should run unchanged. COM+ in XP has a couple of new
features, but they shouldn't make any difference to existing applications.
The libraries are also all the same.

--
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Klaus H. Probst, MVP

Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s)

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am due to be given a new machine running windows XP.
> The VB COM+ application I have been working has been
> developed and tested on a machine running WIn 2000
> Server.  Are there any issues with developing COM+ apps
> under XP that I should be aware of?

> Any help appreciated.

> Jay

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:24:06 GMT
 Com+ under XP?
Thanks very much for your advice.

Quote:

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:44:11 GMT

1. OnAction Property not working in Com Addin (XP)

2. Debugging vb6 COM in XP

3. Help, Com/IIS/XP issue "QueryInterface for interface Project2._Class1 failed."

4. COM AddIns in Office XP Developer and CustomizationConext in Word 2002

5. Side By Side Deployment of COM Components in XP

6. Please help : Com object doesnt release on XP

7. COM Debugging under Windows XP

8. How to debug COM+object under XP and VB6sp5

9. Where can i find Com+ Services type library or Component services com+ 1.0 for Win98

10. Windows XP and COM+ 1.5

11. Windows XP and COM+