DCOM permissions (error 70) on XP to W2k/NT
Author Message
 DCOM permissions (error 70) on XP to W2k/NT

Quote:

> Testing my DCOM application on XP and I have hit an interesting problem.
> The DCOM object I want to connect to is on a W2k workstation.  I can
connect
> from NT 4.0 or W2k with no problems.  Trying to connect from XP gives
error
> 70.  I have set dcomcnfg at the DCOM object on the W2k machine to
> Authentication of NONE and Impersonate.  Also added Everyone to access.
> Basically opened it up following Q articles.  I did this on the default
> security tab as well (the individual settings never seemed to work
anyway).
> On the XP machine, I found the settings for COM objects and set the
security
> the same way.  No authentication, impersonate, and allow everyone.   There
> are two different objects on the W2k machine. One is created fine, the
other
> is not.  The other one is declared Withevents so I know that is has to
have
> a path back to the XP machine.  If I install the same object locally on
the
> XP machine, everything connects to local XP.  CLSID are right and show in
XP
> registry exactly the same as W2k machine.  Is there anything I have
missed?

> Thanks

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:26:26 GMT

1. DCOM component -- Permission Denied -- VB Error 70

2. Runtim-error 70 Permission Denied with DCOM

3. DCOM component -- Permission Denied -- VB Error 70

4. Runtime error 70-Permission denied (DCOM)

5. DCOM Configuration Information (Error 70: Permission Denied)

6. dcom - error 70: permission denied

7. DCOM ( 70 - Permission Denied)

8. DCOM + Permission denied (70)

9. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

10. Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)

11. Permission Denied (Error 70)

12. error 70: permission denied for MsgBox