VB & C++ COM Components Talking
Author Message
 VB & C++ COM Components Talking

Hi all,

Looking for some help with a C++ COM compoenent crossing the VB boundary. Here is
the situation:

I have a C++ COM dll that defines the CoClass Agent. It has interfaces IAgent,
ICorrection, and I Message. I have a VB ActiveX dll that defines the class
Algorithms with an interface IAlgorithms.  Upon instantiation, the Agent class
calls CoCreateInstance on the Algorithms class. All this works fine; now the
problem:

I want to pass a refernce to the Agent component to the Algorithm component. In
other words, the Agent holds an IAlgorithms interface, and the VB algorithm
component holds an IAgent interface to the component that created it. How should
I go about doing this? All my attempts compile, but I get unhandled exceptions
when I run my test.

Any help or stories of previous experience would be greatly appreciated! If
anyone knows of a book or web site where this is convered please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:28:07 GMT

1. Returning strings from VB COM components to C++ Isapi DLL

2. Finding COM Ports - Mouse dies when VB talks to its COM Port

3. Invoking a method in a Visual Basic COM component from C++

4. CAlling C++ COM Component with reference paramater

5. VB COM component in Win2k Component Services

6. Talking to Com ports with VB

7. Talking to the COM port in VB

8. Question: .DLL search path & ActiveX/COM components

9. Com Component ClassID & IID

10. Question: .DLL search path & ActiveX/COM components

11. VARIANT, component references in VB vs. C++

12. C++ COMponent in VB?!