Tracking down COM+ Errors
Author Message
 Tracking down COM+ Errors

We're testing a VB 6 COM+ application we're developing and on the (Win 2000)
server we're getting COM+ errors. Not always the same error, but it manages
to take down every instance that's running. It only happens when we have
multiple instances running at once (and that's how the app has to be) and
doesn't happen on development desktops. We have error handling throughout
but by the time it gets back to our app it's an "automation error".

We've searched through MSDN and Google and have found where similar problems
were reported but none were answered with anything more than a "stab in the
dark".

So, what I'm wondering, is there some tool, some process, some methodology
for being able to track down whatever error we encounter? On other
platforms, like mainframes, you can always resort to something. Like a
memory dump. Ugly as hell but it would contain the answers. You hated to use
them, but they worked.

Even if we stumble on the answer here it may happen again and we'd like to
know how to find it reliably. Anyone have anything to share?

Thanks!

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:30:56 GMT

1. Tracking down "Error opening file" message

2. How to track down Error 6 Overflow. - VB4

3. Suggestion for tracking down infinite loop on release only

4. tracking down number of printed pages issue.......

5. Help me track down Microsoft QuickBasic 1.0e (MAC)

6. tracking down number of printed pages........

7. Tracking down a GPF

8. Tracking down a form's position

9. Need Help Tracking Down Unreproduceable GPF's

10. Tracking down a form's position

11. Tracking Down a Memory Leak

12. Win 9x log on and shut down tracking?