Closing APP
Author Message
 Closing APP

I would really appreciate assistance in this task.

I am calling, via a SHELL command, a second application from my main
application.  How do I close the secondary application automatically if the
first application is also closed.  I have tried playing with the
activate/deactivate/load/unload events with no luck.

Steve

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:24:00 GMT
 Closing APP
these are standard EXEs?  when you shell, you get a process id in return.
when your first app shuts down, send a kill to the secondary process.

of course, if the applications are really supposed to be modules of the same
application, then your main application should be a standard EXE with an MDI
form.  then you can have your modules in DLLs with forms.  you can make all
the forms from your DLLs be children of your main MDI.

joe

Quote:
> I would really appreciate assistance in this task.

> I am calling, via a SHELL command, a second application from my main
> application.  How do I close the secondary application automatically if
the
> first application is also closed.  I have tried playing with the
> activate/deactivate/load/unload events with no luck.

> Steve

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:38:29 GMT

1. VB closing app vs. Windows closing app

2. Finding app, closing app using API

3. Closing app with VBA

4. Error closing App

5. Close App with question?