Picture to COM
Author Message
 Picture to COM

Hi,

I have a COM server written in "C" and I would like to
pass a Picture to this COM server through a Call. I have
the Image object in a Form which has the picture I want to
send.

What should I pass to the COM server, so that the server
can access the image using Windows API?

Thanks.

Marcio Alexandroni.

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:26:23 GMT
 Picture to COM

Quote:
> I have a COM server written in "C" and I would like to
> pass a Picture to this COM server through a Call. I have
> the Image object in a Form which has the picture I want to
> send.

> What should I pass to the COM server, so that the server
> can access the image using Windows API?

Your C component will probably want to work with the IPicture interface.  Once
you have an input parameter of type IPicture, VB will recognize it and handle
the conversion from StdPicture or IPictureDisp.  In other words, you'll be able
to pass in any VB picture object.

For more information on IPicture, see the Platform SDK.

-- Matthew Solnit

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 02:53:05 GMT

1. Return a picture from COM ??

2. Need a COM that can write picture file to CD via cdwriter

3. Picture in VB COM

4. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

5. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

6. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

7. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

8. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

9. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

10. Automation error referencing .net dll from com (com interop)

11. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as parameter