XML as string vs as DOM
Author Message
 XML as string vs as DOM

Aside from a string being a more universally accessible output
parameter;
which is the better way to return XML from a VB function, as an MSXML
DOM
document, or as a string, which is loaded into a DOM Document on the
caller?

Generally I'm talking about ASP applications that instantiate COM+
Applications
running as Library apps.  ASP will transform the XML response against
XSL.  Under thee conditions, which method will give me better
performance?

A detailed explanation of the difference in marshalling and pointers
to documentation would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Fri, 09 Apr 2004 23:47:16 GMT

2. Sending XML string to server and recieving without DOM objects

3. ADO Recordset and XML DOM string???

4. Read XML using VB6 DOM 4.0 with Namespaces - See Sample XML

5. XML vs Resource DLL String Access - Timing Results

6. XML/DOM in VB6

7. XML DOM object return from function

8. Client-side vbscript to process XML DOM

9. ADO/XML DOM

10. Problem Persisting Filtered Recordset to XML DOM

11. XML DOM COM

12. msxml DOM: reading each element in an XML