Creating and launching an Excel copy
Author Message
 Creating and launching an Excel copy

Hi all.

I created a new Excel workbook in VB.

Could somebody tell me how do I launch an Excel app and display this
workbook from VB6?

Thanks.
 Denis.

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:20:21 GMT
 Creating and launching an Excel copy
Use the Excel.Application Object

Hi all.

I created a new Excel workbook in VB.

Could somebody tell me how do I launch an Excel app and display this
workbook from VB6?

Thanks.
 Denis.

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:35:36 GMT
 Creating and launching an Excel copy
Sorry for the dumb question, but what method do I use?

I tried using ActivateMicrosoftApp, but it doesn't activate an Excel App.
And  even if it would It just activates the app. and I need it to display my
workbook(created in vb) as a new book.

Denis.

Quote:
> Use the Excel.Application Object

> Hi all.

> I created a new Excel workbook in VB.

> Could somebody tell me how do I launch an Excel app and display this
> workbook from VB6?

> Thanks.
>  Denis.

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:46:56 GMT
 Creating and launching an Excel copy

Quote:

>Sorry for the dumb question, but what method do I use?

>I tried using ActivateMicrosoftApp, but it doesn't activate an Excel App.
>And  even if it would It just activates the app. and I need it to display my
>workbook(created in vb) as a new book.

Dim objExcel as Excel.Application

        Set objExcel= CreateObject("Excel.Application")

James

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 04:18:54 GMT
 Creating and launching an Excel copy
But how would I launch an Excel application?

I need to display my workbook in Excel application so the user can edit it.

 Denis.

Quote:

> >Sorry for the dumb question, but what method do I use?

> >I tried using ActivateMicrosoftApp, but it doesn't activate an Excel App.
> >And  even if it would It just activates the app. and I need it to display
my
> >workbook(created in vb) as a new book.

> Dim objExcel as Excel.Application

> Set objExcel= CreateObject("Excel.Application")

> James

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:03:56 GMT
 Creating and launching an Excel copy

Quote:

>But how would I launch an Excel application?

>I need to display my workbook in Excel application so the user can edit it.

To launch the application, use the code I gave.  To get it to do
something *useful* you wll have to read up about the Excel.Application
object, and the other Excel objects.  Sorry, it has been a while since
I used them.

You could also use GetObject("yourspreadsheet.xls").

And remember to set objExcel.Visible=True

James

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:01:28 GMT

1. copying a HTML page and launching Excel

2. How to create a copy of an Excel Workbook on Open

3. VB3 shell() launches another copy same program...

4. Creating word Macro to copy text and create new files from existing one

5. Excel / excel macros created within Visual Basic

6. Excel 2000 crashes when running macros created in Excel 97

7. Creating Excel Files Without Excel...

8. create EXCEL with VB without EXCEL installed

9. launch & use excel via automation

10. GetObject(excel.application) - wrong version launched

11. Launching Powerpoint from Excel

12. Launching Excel