Downloading the first part of a file / the header
Author Message
 Downloading the first part of a file / the header

Hello everybody!

MY PROBLEM DOWNLOAD THE FIRST PART OF THE FILE
OR THE HEADER ONLY

I could easily read the entire file using

     dim b() as byte
     b() = inet1.openurl(UrlStr,1)                'reads the file in binary

     For t = 0 To UBound(b) - 1
             fileStr = FileStr + Chr(b(t))         'converts the file in chr
string
     Next

but I don't want to download the entire file. So I thaught about
using

     inet1.getchunk

or using

    inet1.getheader

I don't know how to use them. Do I have to use inet1.execute? How?
Please, help me.

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:35:28 GMT

1. Downloading the first part of a file / the header

2. Downloading the first part of a file / the header

3. first part of file name

4. Q: SQL to import from text file - ignores first (non-header) record

5. INET: DOWNLOADING PART of FILES

6. INET: DOWNLOADING PART of FILES

7. Removing WWW Server HEADERS from download GIF file

8. Pulling Header information BEFORE downloading file??

9. multi-part http headers

10. Custom Header on first page only

11. Copying text from header to top of first page of New Section

12. hiding empty first page header