making an external scripting run in-process
Author Message
 making an external scripting run in-process

Dear all,
 is there a way to run a VBScript (external *.vbs) file nad cuase it to run
as "in-process"? instead of using shell (or shell execute) to run it
in"out-process".

  my idea is to create an trasaction enabled COM that sometimes need to
execute a external vbs file. when it rollback, anything happened in the vbs
(such as inserating data to swl database) should be rolled back as well.

 please help. thanks.
ywang

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:50:28 GMT
 making an external scripting run in-process
hi Ywang,

Read your script into a string buffer, and use the "Execute" statement (look
it up in vbs doc).

cheers, jw

Quote:
> Dear all,
>  is there a way to run a vbscript (external *.vbs) file nad cuase it to
run
> as "in-process"? instead of using shell (or shell execute) to run it
> in"out-process".

>   my idea is to create an trasaction enabled COM that sometimes need to
> execute a external vbs file. when it rollback, anything happened in the
vbs
> (such as inserating data to swl database) should be rolled back as well.

>  please help. thanks.
> ywang

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:53:10 GMT
 making an external scripting run in-process
Hi,
You need to  use the Microsoft Script Control to do that.
Since the control is part of your app, it is in-proc and so what it runs will be
in-proc too...

Quote:

> hi Ywang,

> Read your script into a string buffer, and use the "Execute" statement (look
> it up in vbs doc).

> cheers, jw

> > Dear all,
> >  is there a way to run a vbscript (external *.vbs) file nad cuase it to
> run
> > as "in-process"? instead of using shell (or shell execute) to run it
> > in"out-process".

> >   my idea is to create an trasaction enabled COM that sometimes need to
> > execute a external vbs file. when it rollback, anything happened in the
> vbs
> > (such as inserating data to swl database) should be rolled back as well.

> >  please help. thanks.
> > ywang

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:38:34 GMT

1. making an external scripting run in-process

2. Works ok as Inprocess Server but not as Out process

3. Security problem running external processes with ASP

4. Running external processes?

5. Running an external script when opening excel

6. Running external access scripts

7. Running External Access scripts!

8. Process ID of a running process

9. BUG: VB6 Fails to debug VB-Made ActiveX control with external program on Windows2000\XP

10. Waiting until external program finished to continue processing

11. Determine whether a external program (process) has finished execution successfully

12. "external" events processing