need help w/ OLE/COM Object Viewer
Author Message
 need help w/ OLE/COM Object Viewer

Hello-

I did something within the OLE/COM Object Viewer.  It used to be that I
would get a secondary window to pop up with interface info when I
doubleclicked on an object.  Now, when I doubleclick, the app either brings
up an instance of the object, or (far more often) freezes OLE/COM Object
Viewer.

I need to generate an .idl file, so I need to get it to pop up that
interface information again.  I thought I backtracked all the changes I made
in the menu of the Viewer, but it still won't go back to it's original
behavior.

Any ideas?  Or better yet- where is a help file for this thing?

Thanks, Al

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 need help w/ OLE/COM Object Viewer
Ignore...

I found the corresponding Registry entries and blew them away.  It now works
fine...

Quote:
> Hello-

> I did something within the OLE/COM Object Viewer.  It used to be that I
> would get a secondary window to pop up with interface info when I
> doubleclicked on an object.  Now, when I doubleclick, the app either
brings
> up an instance of the object, or (far more often) freezes OLE/COM Object
> Viewer.

> I need to generate an .idl file, so I need to get it to pop up that
> interface information again.  I thought I backtracked all the changes I
made
> in the menu of the Viewer, but it still won't go back to it's original
> behavior.

> Any ideas?  Or better yet- where is a help file for this thing?

> Thanks, Al

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help saving OLE Object field value to a file on disk

2. Help Needed Inserting OLE Object into Visio2000

3. Need help passing an array to an Oracle procedure using Oracle Objects for OLE

4. need help with OLE Control and Word Object

5. Need help with OLE objects in CR6

6. Need Help Find and edit OLE OBJECT used in report

7. Need help with initalizing objects. Oracle OLE

8. Need to Access ASP Session Objects from External COM Object

9. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as parameter

10. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as Parameter

11. Access a COM object of a COM object?

12. Accessing a COM object of a COM object