MSN Messenger Type Library
Author Message
 MSN Messenger Type Library

Hi all,

I just want to find out whether has anyone messed around with the MSN
Messenger Type Library? And perhaps was successful in using it from VB ?

Thanks,
Perry

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:33:59 GMT
 MSN Messenger Type Library
Are you referring to the one that gets registered when the consumer version
is installed? That is pretty limited in use, however if you get the WSS SDK
there is a real useable MSN Messenger "SDK".

--

Sincerely,

Josh Mitts

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I just want to find out whether has anyone messed around with the MSN
> Messenger Type Library? And perhaps was successful in using it from VB ?

> Thanks,
> Perry

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:04:50 GMT
 MSN Messenger Type Library
Really?  I hadn;t know about either of these.  I am intrigued

Quote:
> Are you referring to the one that gets registered when the consumer
version
> is installed? That is pretty limited in use, however if you get the WSS
SDK
> there is a real useable MSN Messenger "SDK".

> --

> Sincerely,

> Josh Mitts

> > Hi all,

> > I just want to find out whether has anyone messed around with the MSN
> > Messenger Type Library? And perhaps was successful in using it from VB ?

> > Thanks,
> > Perry

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:23:41 GMT
 MSN Messenger Type Library
Yep, as a part of Hailstorm and .NET, MS is making the MSN Messenger client
the platform for real-time collabortation and communication over the web
(from a corporate perspective), hence the WSS (Web Storage System) SDK.

--

Sincerely,

Josh

Quote:

?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Perry

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:32:24 GMT
 MSN Messenger Type Library
I tried loading the standard MSN Messenger reference into my VB5 app.  It
crashes the object browser.

hehe oh well life goes on

Quote:
> Yep, as a part of Hailstorm and .NET, MS is making the MSN Messenger
client
> the platform for real-time collabortation and communication over the web
> (from a corporate perspective), hence the WSS (Web Storage System) SDK.

> --

> Sincerely,

> Josh

> > Really?  I hadn;t know about either of these.  I am intrigued

> > > Are you referring to the one that gets registered when the consumer
> > version
> > > is installed? That is pretty limited in use, however if you get the
WSS
> > SDK
> > > there is a real useable MSN Messenger "SDK".

> > > --

> > > Sincerely,

> > > Josh Mitts

MSN
VB
> ?

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 00:41:37 GMT
 MSN Messenger Type Library
There are a bunch of interfaces of which I tried to "implement" in vb, don't
really know if I'm doing it correctly, even after referring to some
documents, I get some DLL errors.

That's why I'm asking if anyone has ever got it to work correctly. I'm just
trying to piggyback on the current instance of the MSN Messenger. I'm  not
trying to write a clone or whatsoever, perhaps I just want access to
some callback events and methods.

I still don't have a clue, wondering if you guys could help :)

Regards,
Perry

Quote:
> I tried loading the standard MSN Messenger reference into my VB5 app.  It
> crashes the object browser.

> hehe oh well life goes on

> > Yep, as a part of Hailstorm and .NET, MS is making the MSN Messenger
> client
> > the platform for real-time collabortation and communication over the web
> > (from a corporate perspective), hence the WSS (Web Storage System) SDK.

> > --

> > Sincerely,

> > Josh

> > > Really?  I hadn;t know about either of these.  I am intrigued

> > > version
> WSS
> > > SDK

> MSN
> VB
> > ?

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:01:57 GMT
 MSN Messenger Type Library
Perry,

MS has protected the consumer MSN Messenger TypeLib, that's why you need the
WSS version to access those things.

--

Sincerely,

Josh Mitts

Quote:
> There are a bunch of interfaces of which I tried to "implement" in vb,
don't
> really know if I'm doing it correctly, even after referring to some
> documents, I get some DLL errors.

> That's why I'm asking if anyone has ever got it to work correctly. I'm
just
> trying to piggyback on the current instance of the MSN Messenger. I'm  not
> trying to write a clone or whatsoever, perhaps I just want access to
> some callback events and methods.

> I still don't have a clue, wondering if you guys could help :)

> Regards,
> Perry

> > I tried loading the standard MSN Messenger reference into my VB5 app.
It
> > crashes the object browser.

> > hehe oh well life goes on

> > > Yep, as a part of Hailstorm and .NET, MS is making the MSN Messenger
> > client
> > > the platform for real-time collabortation and communication over the
web
> > > (from a corporate perspective), hence the WSS (Web Storage System)
SDK.

> > > --

> > > Sincerely,

> > > Josh

> > WSS

> > MSN
> from
> > VB
> > > ?

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 05:08:26 GMT
 MSN Messenger Type Library
Not everything in the consumer version is exposed via COM.

--

Sincerely,

Josh Mitts

Quote:
> Josh,

> Protected ? How ?

> Perry

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 22:36:49 GMT

1. MSN Messenger Type Library

2. How to use MSN Messenger 1.0 Type Library?

3. sending message to Windows (MSN) Messenger via VB.Net

4. MSN Messenger programming

5. MSN Messenger Pawns in Web Pages

6. sending msn messenger message silently...

7. How to incorporate MSN Messenger into ASP

8. Integrating with MSN Messenger

9. MSN messenger

10. MSN Messenger

11. How MSN Messenger-like notification popup window in VB6

12. MSN Messenger add-on