Pass ADO Connection Object back to calling exe
Author Message
 Pass ADO Connection Object back to calling exe

In VB 6.0, (sp4),
I have an exe, that calls a dll,
in the dll, I make an ado connection object  to a database
I want to pass that connection object  back to the
exe that called the dll.

I have tried this, but it doesn't seem to work.
I define an ado connection object  in the exe,
and I set the connection object in the dll to the
connection object that is in the exe,
I then in the dll make the connection (Open It),
The connection is alive and well in the dll,
but the ado connection object in the exe that I set
to the one in the dll is "nothing"

Any help would be apprecate.

Thanks in Advance,

Laurence Nuttall
Programmer Analyst III,
UCLA - Division of Continuing Education

Mon, 26 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. how pass ado connection to an ActiveX EXE

2. Passing ADO Connection object to DLL

3. Passing ADO Connection Objects in COM+ -How

4. How to pass ADO connection object to the DLL

5. Passing ADO Connection Object inside ActiveX DLL

6. Passing ADO connection object to an Active X DLL

7. Passing ADO Connection Objects in COM+ How

8. Calling a COM call back object's method fails if it is in Windows 98

9. ADO connection passed to a DLL fails to maintain valid connection

10. Need help with ActiveX EXE - Call back function

11. Passing value back to a calling form.

12. Connection Errors via ADO Connection Object