Underscore prefixed to Dispatch Interfaces
Author Message
 Underscore prefixed to Dispatch Interfaces

VB seems to put a leading underscore to
interface names, can I guess this is not to conflict with the class
itself? In essence I want to present to the user Dispatch interfaces to
select from what I read from a specified typelib and then later select a
method of that interface.  Can I "safely" chop off the leading underscore if
it exists when presenting it to the user?  It would seem to me a VB
programmer is familiar with this than with the name having the leading
underscore.  What's strange is that Excel typelib has a mix of dispatch
interfaces with and without the leading underscore.  Sorry if I'm asking the
painfully obvious, I have only been work with VB for a week now.

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:34:55 GMT
 Underscore prefixed to Dispatch Interfaces
Interfaces that start with an underscore are hidden to scripting languages
(including VB). What VB shows to the user is the coclass name not the
interface name.

--
Eduardo A. Morcillo
http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:24:53 GMT

1. Passing binary data via dispatch interface

2. Prevent the awful underscore in VB interfaces

3. Dispatch Database Duplicate Fields

4. Instantiating the dispatch object for method SoapXMLRequest failed

5. dynamic dispatch (invoke funcs at run-time)

6. Dynamic Dispatch (invoke funcs at run time)

7. How can appl dispatch my own message

8. How to pass Dispatch pointer through VBScript ??

9. ole dispatch exception with Internet Explorer 6

10. VB5 Dispatch Table

11. How to handle the message dispatched from WinAPI?

12. How to handle the message dispatched from WinAPI?