HELP !!!! Developing a Security Com component
Author Message
 HELP !!!! Developing a Security Com component

Can anybody help me in trying to develop a security com object for a contact
management system. Or lead me in the right direction, on how to develope a
object that has groups and premissions and row level rights to the sql
server db.

example " A person logs on our web contact system can then only can view his
information,but managers can see all of the contacts for his region."

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP !!!! Developing a Security Com component

I would us mts and roles, by creating a role for the admin, manager, and so
on. Now you can test for what role the calling user is part of. You do the
testing inside the object, inside the method.

Look at how to build a object for mts and look at IsCallerInRole method.

--
Look at http://www.hudsmoar.com/jotter/

Regards
Carl-Johan Wik
MCT, MCSE+I, MCSD

--
Look at http://www.hudsmoar.com/jotter/

Regards
Carl-Johan Wik
MCT, MCSE+I, MCSD

Quote:
> Can anybody help me in trying to develop a security com object for a
contact
> management system. Or lead me in the right direction, on how to develope a
> object that has groups and premissions and row level rights to the sql
> server db.

> example " A person logs on our web contact system can then only can view
his
> information,but managers can see all of the contacts for his region."

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Deploy COM component in MTS/NT4 developed on W2K Workstation

2. How COM components developed for WebClasses are diff from others say used on Desktop

3. Com Component Security

4. Object security (DCOMCFG, Component Services, Security, VB6, Installation)

5. Urgent Help : Security of n-tier(VB COM) application

6. VB COM component in Win2k Component Services

7. COM component as a Visual component??

8. COM component as a Visual component??

9. Com and Com+ component

10. Where can i find Com+ Services type library or Component services com+ 1.0 for Win98