Permission Denied while passing Dictionary
Author Message
 Permission Denied while passing Dictionary

Hi, All,

    I wrote a VB COM with 2 function X & Y for my ASP, it registered via
Windows 2000 COM Manager.
Public Function X(byval I as integer) as string
Public Function Y(byval dctInfo as Scripting.Dictionary) as string
    I works fine with my ASP.  While I try to write a VB program to use this
COM, I get a Error 70, Permission Denied when I call Y, but no problem when
calling X.  I doubt the function Y code first, so change Y as

Public Function Y(byval dctInfo as Scripting.Dictionary) as string
    Y="OK"
End Function

    The same error still exists util I change the argument "dctInfo" as
string.  It seems this problem is related with passing a "Object"(like
Dictionary) to COM.  I move and run the COM DLL and VB on my local Win2K
Pro, no problem at all.  If this is a Marshaler permission problem?  Anothor
potential problem is I just remove the trust relationship from my Win2K
Server and anthor old NT PDC.  What's the next step to check?  Thanx in
advance...

Jeffrey

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Permission denied passing Object to MTS component.

2. Permission Denied(compile error) with opendatabase statement

3. LDB File Locked, permission denied.

4. Permission Denied (Error 70)

5. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

6. Strange error message - Permission Denied???

7. Permission denied using Outlook object model...

8. Permission Denied?

9. Permission denied starting Word from VB 6 program.

10. COM component : Permission Denied

11. FSO.MoveFile Permission Denied

12. Permission denied Shell.object