Reading MS-DOS window Through video RAM
Author Message
 Reading MS-DOS window Through video RAM

Hi everyone.

    Does someone know a way to retrieve the text written by another app at a
MS-DOS window?

    I have tried by using consoles but it only works with the most basic
apps (those who write to the standard output).

    A friend told me that whatever happens in the DOS screen has something
to do
with Video RAM, but I dont know that stuff.

    Can anyone help me?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Vicent Palasi

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading MS-DOS window Through video RAM

I don't know how to do this, but I would look at getting a
screen capture of the window and do some character matching.

Geoff

Quote:
> Hi everyone.

>     Does someone know a way to retrieve the text written by another app at
> MS-DOS window?

>     I have tried by using consoles but it only works with the most basic
> apps (those who write to the standard output).

>     A friend told me that whatever happens in the DOS screen has something
> to do
> with Video RAM, but I dont know that stuff.

>     Can anyone help me?

>     Any help would be appreciated.

>     Thanks

>     Vicent Palasi

Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading MS-DOS window Through video RAM

2. Reading installed Video RAM

4. How do you get video ram with an APiI call

5. API: Reading OEM (MS-DOS) text in VB4

6. Closing MS-DOS window after .bat file finishs

7. Closing an MS-DOS application window from VBA

8. Take control of MS-DOS window

9. Printing in MS-DOS window under WT95

10. How 2 send [F2] key to an MS-DOS Window

11. shell and ms dos window

12. ms dos window