How to capture ASP data using VB?
Author Message
 How to capture ASP data using VB?

Hello Everyone,

Let me first thank you all for your continues support.

Here I come with one more query. :)

I want to send a request to ASP page and whatever results (data) it gives I
want to capture it and save it in any format (like HTML/PDF/Text) whichever
is possible. And I want to do this using VB.

Is that any way I can do this.

if there is then I'd appreciate if some one can help/guide me with sample
code.

Thanking you in advance.

Anand Dhrangadharia.
Software Engineer
Service Evaluation Concepts

Sat, 08 May 2004 23:52:32 GMT
 How to capture ASP data using VB?

Quote:
> I want to send a request to ASP page and whatever results (data) it gives
> want to capture it and save it in any format (like HTML/PDF/Text)
whichever
> is possible. And I want to do this using VB.

If you want to show the results to the user, you can just use the WebBrowser
ActiveX control, which is included with IE 4 and up.  If you need to do this
all "behind the scenes", then you have a few choices.  You can use a hidden
WebBrowser and just grab the results from there.  Or you can use WinInet.dll
to directly access the Win32 Internet API, just like IE does.  Or you can
use third-party libraries which wrap WinInet in programmer-friendly COM
objects.

If you are getting back pure HTML every time, you can also use MSXML.  But I
don't think this will help you with PDF's and other types of downloads.

-- Matthew Solnit

Sun, 09 May 2004 00:51:45 GMT
 How to capture ASP data using VB?

Thanks a lot.

Let me try WinInet.dll

- Anand

Sun, 09 May 2004 01:11:55 GMT

1. How to capture ASP data using VB?

2. How to capture ASP data using VB?

3. URGENT: quering ASP and capturing data using VB

4. Capturing audio data using VB

5. Using VB/ASP.net to save user requested web data

6. Transferring data through internet in VB.net without using ASP.Net

7. Using server side ASP to capture and parse HTML pages from any URL

8. ASP/HTML file capture without VB Control??

9. capturing the data of a submitted web form and using it in another

10. How to capture data from IE using Wsh?

11. capture PDF form data using web browser control

12. capture PDF form data using web browser control