answer please - RDS HTTPS SSL '80072f0c' error
Author Message
 answer please - RDS HTTPS SSL '80072f0c' error

I have a question regarding RDS and SSL.  Can I use a client
certificate to authenticate with 'Allow Anonymous Access' enabled on the
server instead of 'Windows NT Challenge/Response' or 'Basic Authentication'
with a VB client?"

Having tried this while mdac on the server is set for "require a client
certificate", I received the following error. Internet Client Error
(80072f0c).  I can't find any documentation on the '80072f0c' error.

Is it really not possible to use a client certificate with RDS as stated in
the RDS FAQ?

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Q16) Can I use RDS over HTTPS (SSL)?

Yes, you can use RDS over HTTPS (SSL).  You must first install (or create) a
Key Certificate on your IIS server.  If you create your own (using IIS's Key
Manager), then the client must install your Certificate Authority (a
one-time install).  If you buy a Key Certificate (e.g.  Verisign), then the
Certificate Authority will already be installed on the client (if IE is
installed).

Client Certificates are not supported by RDS.  Only server certificates are
supported.

Also see:   Q193096 - PRB: Invalid Certificates Cause RDS Problems

Sat, 15 May 2004 02:46:21 GMT
 answer please - RDS HTTPS SSL '80072f0c' error
Hi Dale,

If you need client certificates or SSL, try SOAP. There is a toolkit
available and lots of docs on MSDN. SOAP toolkit enables RPC using an open
standard XML envelopes over HTTP.

Regards,
Dmitriy Zakharov.
Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic
http://www.brainbench.com

Quote:
> I have a question regarding RDS and SSL.  Can I use a client
> certificate to authenticate with 'Allow Anonymous Access' enabled on the
> server instead of 'Windows NT Challenge/Response' or 'Basic
Authentication'
> with a VB client?"

> Having tried this while mdac on the server is set for "require a client
> certificate", I received the following error. Internet Client Error
> (80072f0c).  I can't find any documentation on the '80072f0c' error.

> Is it really not possible to use a client certificate with RDS as stated
in
> the RDS FAQ?

> http://www.able-consulting.com/RDS_Faq.htm
> Q16) Can I use RDS over HTTPS (SSL)?

> Yes, you can use RDS over HTTPS (SSL).  You must first install (or create)
> Key Certificate on your IIS server.  If you create your own (using IIS's
Key
> Manager), then the client must install your Certificate Authority (a
> one-time install).  If you buy a Key Certificate (e.g.  Verisign), then
the
> Certificate Authority will already be installed on the client (if IE is
> installed).

> Client Certificates are not supported by RDS.  Only server certificates
are
> supported.

> Also see:   Q193096 - PRB: Invalid Certificates Cause RDS Problems

Mon, 17 May 2004 17:49:13 GMT

1. problem debugging a webservice !!! please answer me :'-(

2. Please don't answer messages that have been cross posted

3. Please don't answer messages that have been cross posted

4. error '59' - Please Hlep

5. Run time error '3709' - Please Help

6. Please help: Run-time error '3001'

7. RDS problem: Error 4100: Method 'CreateObject' of object 'IDataSpace' failed

8. error '59' - Please Help

9. Error '50003'??? Please HELP

10. 'System.TypeLoadException' Answer

11. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

12. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)