out of process server identifying client process
Author Message
 out of process server identifying client process

Can an out of process VB server identify the process that
instanciated it using createobject/getobject?

I would like the server to check that the calling process
is in an authorised area before allowing server methods
to be called.

Regards.
Paul.

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:11:13 GMT
 out of process server identifying client process

Quote:
> Can an out of process VB server identify the process that
> instanciated it using createobject/getobject?

I'm afraid no.

Quote:
> I would like the server to check that the calling process
> is in an authorised area before allowing server methods
> to be called.

Why don't you set permissions for the EXE via DCOMCNFG? Checking the
process name is not a good idea and not secure.

--
Peter Wu
Microsoft Corporation

rights.

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:40:13 GMT

1. Q: Getting calling process from in-process server dll

2. Q: Getting calling process from in-process server dll

3. Q: Getting calling process from in-process server dll

4. Creating one COM server process for multiple clients

5. Concurrent Processing of Client/Server App

6. Creating one COM server process for multiple clients

7. Client/Out-Of-Process Server Messages

8. Help - Identifying currently executing processes

9. Identify/Kill specific process among multiple instances of the same app

10. Installation process and Update process finished.

11. VCM, In-Process, Out-Process

12. How to hide my process from Process Liste with win XP