Form with minimise button only?
Author Message
 Form with minimise button only?

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possibly to have only a minimise button on a form.
I need this because I have to shield users from exiting the application and
because the size is fixed (so no maximise). I don't want the x to be visible
and just intercept it, but I want it to not be visible at all.

thanks
Erik

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:30:54 GMT
 Form with minimise button only?
Yes, U can disable the X button in VB

Quote:
> Hi,

> I was wondering if it is possibly to have only a minimise button on a
form.
> I need this because I have to shield users from exiting the application
and
> because the size is fixed (so no maximise). I don't want the x to be
visible
> and just intercept it, but I want it to not be visible at all.

> thanks
> Erik

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:30:43 GMT
 Form with minimise button only?
Ok, can you tell me how? Cause I can't find anything about it in the MSDN.

Erik

Quote:
> Yes, U can disable the X button in VB

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:27:34 GMT
 Form with minimise button only?
'**************************************

'Windows API/Global Declarations for :Di

'     sable 'X' on Forms (Including MDI Child

'     Forms)

'**************************************

' Place this in a module:

Public Declare Function GetSystemMenu Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal bRevert As Long) As Long

Public Declare Function RemoveMenu Lib "user32" (ByVal hMenu As Long, ByVal
nPosition As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long

    Public Const SC_CLOSE = &HF060&

    Public Const MF_BYCOMMAND = &H0&

Quote:
> Ok, can you tell me how? Cause I can't find anything about it in the MSDN.

> Erik

> > Yes, U can disable the X button in VB

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:13:03 GMT

1. cant Minimise the form when you right click on status bar to minimise

2. removing minimise button from form

3. The minimise button

4. Minimise application with popup and modal forms (API)

5. minimise and maximise chain of modal forms

6. Can't Minimise the forms

7. Cant Minimise form when you right click on the status bar

8. Minimise, Maximise and Close Buttons in User Form Title Bar?

9. Open a custom form with a module-button (not a toolbar button)

10. Form Location after Clicking Form's Restore Button

11. Making a form pop-up form a button

12. Form Close Button Does Not Close the Form