COM DLL calling external non-COM DLL problem.
Author Message
 COM DLL calling external non-COM DLL problem.

I've created a VB 6 ActiveX DLL project with function call prototypes to a
3rd party DLL, and having references to the MS Active Server Pages Object
Library and the MS Scripting Runtime (for interaction with an ASP).  So, my
ASP is calling my ActiveX DLL which is calling procedures in the 3rd party
DLL.  However, upon ASP execution, I receive a "File Not Found" error on the
3rd party's DLL, regardless of where I copy their DLL (to the same location
as the ASP, the same location as my ActiveX DLL, and the System32 dir).

Is it possible to execute DLL procedures from an ActiveX DLL called by IIS
(ASP)?  If not, is there a workaround?  Right now, my ActiveX DLL is
basically trying to act as an interface between the ASP and the 3rd party
DLL; it has no other function.

Thanks for any help.

-Taurus

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:40:25 GMT

1. error 53 (file not found) with external DLLs called from COM or EXE

2. Call VB DLL or COM object from within VB COM object or EXE

3. COM Not finding DLLS and other COM problems

4. Non-COM DLL's with TweakVB ?

5. Creating a non-com simple dll that exports methods

6. Non-COM DLL to POST to www?

7. Automation error referencing .net dll from com (com interop)

8. passing byte stream to/from COM server and DLL vs EXE COM server

9. Com.exe or Com.dll

10. Calling external DLL gets error 48, unable to load DLL

11. ACL.DLL calls giving Error in COM Add-In

12. Object variable or With block variable not set when calling COM Dll