MS-Word mail merge
Author Message
 MS-Word mail merge

I want to use the mail merge to create ms-word documents based on data saved
as a comma delimited text file... I also created a special template ( .dot
file) for that.. how can i from VB make this templates to read the data from
the text file and generate main documents automatically.. every time i try
that, it takes the normal templates as the default??!!!

regards.....

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:20:48 GMT
 MS-Word mail merge
You need to do one of two things.

1.  The template (the .dot with the column headings) needs to have two
lines.  The second line is nothing more that the same number of commas
as the first line, with no data.  This allows word to automatically
determine the delimiter to use.

2.  Include the headers in with the CSV data file.  If you do this,
again you need to make sure that there is at least two lines in the
file, else you'll run into the same problem.

I believe that will take care of your problem.  If not, let me know.  I
had to do the same thing awhile ago and could dig up the code if
necessary.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting
http://www.tagconsulting.com

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 06:08:03 GMT

1. From VB6, call a MS WORD Mail-Merge feature

2. VB to MS Word Mail merge functionallity

3. SLOW MS Word Mail Merge with VB5

4. OLE Control and MS Word Mail Merge

5. MS-Word mail merge

6. mail-merge MS Word and MS Access via ASP

7. Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...

8. VB -> MS Word Mail Merge?

9. Word Mail merge field TO MS Access???

10. Mail Merge: MS-Word/Access

11. Mail merge to Ms Word

12. MS Word 97 Mail Merge with Oracle Datasource?