Has anybody tried DCOM using HTTP Tunnelling via IIS
Author Message
 Has anybody tried DCOM using HTTP Tunnelling via IIS

Hi there,

I am trying to use DCOM over HTTP using Tunnelling and keep getting
permissioning errors '70'.

Has anybody else got this working. If so did they come across and solve the
same problem I have.

Thanks

Wilson

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anybody tried DCOM using HTTP Tunnelling via IIS
Have you an exemple of that you are meaking ? I need exemple for a
presentation...
I'm sorry but i can't answer to the question...

thanks
christophe

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Has anybody tried DCOM using HTTP Tunnelling via IIS
I have had a similar problem using DCOM without tunnelling. The fundamental
problem in my case was that the DCOM server could not authenticate the
client request for connection because the client was logged into a different
NT domain to the server, and no trust relationship existed between the two
domains.

DCOM security here seems very fussy, and I can't find out how to turn bits
of it off. A relationship where the server domain trusts the client domain
works (it does not have to be 2 way). However, if this is going over the
internet, you might be disappointed by the speed of response. Between 2
machines on the same network segment it can take several minutes to broker
the connection - god knows what it does over a slower link.

Hope this helps

Simon

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I am trying to use DCOM over HTTP using Tunnelling and keep getting
> permissioning errors '70'.

> Has anybody else got this working. If so did they come across and solve
the
> same problem I have.

> Thanks

> Wilson

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Datei Upload per HTTP / File upload via HTTP

2. Download files via ftp and http using Inet Control in VB 6.0

3. How to download via login/password a binary using winsock and HTTP

4. Using WSH to execute External App via IIS

5. Anybody having problems downloading Visual Modeler 1.0?

6. Anybody else having problems with Windowless Combo Boxes

7. Anybody else having as much trouble?

8. Anyone having problems with OpenUrl and IIS 4.0

9. Still having a problem with system calls in ActiveX DLL from IIS

10. Has anybody written an ISAPI for IIS in Visual Basic

11. HTTP: Download large files using HTTP and Internetcontrol

12. Anybody ever set Win98 as DCOM server sucessfully?