Reference not released ?
Author Message
 Reference not released ?

I instanciate the SQLDMO object using late binding in VB 6.0 using the
following code:

Dim SqlServer as object
set SqlServer = CreateObject("SQLDMO.SQLServer2")

then i clean up the reference like this:

SqlServer.DisConnect
set SqlServer = Nothing

after this clean up, SQLDMO.dll is still in use, until i close my
application or the dev environment...
I need to delete SQLDMO.dll after calling it's methods, but I'm not able to
do it, because it says, that de .dll
is in use !
Is this normal ?
Is there another way to release the reference, so that the .dll isn't in use
anymore and I'm able to delete it ??
why are these references not released, if I set the object to nothing ?

any help appreciated...

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:38:52 GMT

1. DirectX Events not releasing object reference

2. Killing client does not release object reference

3. Cross Reference - Reference Not Found

4. VB COM project reference works, but dll reference does not

5. Release a reference from System.Reflection

6. releasing a Com Server reference from Vb.Net

7. Releasing object references....

8. Releasing Reference to an Excel Object

9. Releasing all references of componant

10. VB won't release reference to COM object in use by another proces s

11. Releasing all references of componant

12. Release an Access reference