Manual Object Activation
Author Message
 Manual Object Activation

Hi,

I need to write a Simple Client Server Application Where the Server
needs to be started Manually unlike COM+ which activates the server if
it is not already running. If the server is not running then the
client won't be able to talk to the server.

I have tried doing it with ActiveX DLL/EXE components, but no luck. On
my server I need a Window as well where I would be able to watch
what's going on with my server.

It is easy doable with delphi and MIDAS tools where we need to fire up
the server first and then when a client comes in it shows how many
clients connected with the server of the Server Monitor Window.

Any Idea?

Thanks

sazzad

Sat, 15 May 2004 11:08:46 GMT

1. MTS object activation

2. Strange behaviour with remote object activation

3. MTS object activation

4. ref manual governing manipulating objects in explorer.

5. activation of design changes to other users

6. Automatic OLE Activation

7. In-Place Activation of Outlook

8. does VB script or debugger need activation?

9. Outlook doesn't properly start on external activation

10. Project Window Activation from Resource Sheet if any

11. error activation of a project

12. Activation symbol in sequence diagrams