dcom error between win98 client and w2k server
Author Message
 dcom error between win98 client and w2k server

I have a server component  running under com+ on a w2k server.
I can connect to it without problems from any client machine running w2k
professional.
But when I try to connect from a win98 machine, I get the following error:

Automation error
The authentication service is unknown

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks

Leonard Philipp
Deloitte & Touche LLP Solutions

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 01:49:46 GMT

1. ADO 2.0 Error passing recordset from DCOM Server to Remote Client

2. Dcom server in W2K

3. DCOM Server in W2K

4. Install OLE Server for DCOM, Server and Client

5. DCOM server hangs: Win2000 client / NT server problem

6. DCOM permissions (error 70) on XP to W2k/NT

7. Anybody ever set Win98 as DCOM server sucessfully?

8. howto make DCOM Server for win98 with VB?

9. W98 Client / W2k Server Wscript.Network Object

10. Dcom Server in win98 Problem

11. win98 DCOM Server

12. Distinguish between XP home/prof, w2k SP level, w2K server/prof