Debugging Dlls
Author Message
 Debugging Dlls

We have developed some dlls for use in a delphi exe, these are compiled and
symbolic debug info is created.

We need to be able to step through our dlls or class files line by line,
when the Delphi app is run, does anyone know of a way of doing this.

We can get a line trace by using Mutek Bugtrapper and attaching the running
Delphi app, but this doesn't allow us to step through line by line and look
at the values in 'view locals'

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:54:08 GMT
 Debugging Dlls
Hi John,

Simply load and run each DLL project in a separate VB IDE. Choose "Wait for
components to be created" when prompted. You will be able to debug VB code
normally when your components are instantiated. This method is general and
works fine with clients like VC++ and script. Hope it will work with Delphi
too.

Regards,
Dmitriy Zakharov.
Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic
http://www.brainbench.com

Quote:
> We have developed some dlls for use in a Delphi exe, these are compiled
and
> symbolic debug info is created.

> We need to be able to step through our dlls or class files line by line,
> when the Delphi app is run, does anyone know of a way of doing this.

> We can get a line trace by using Mutek Bugtrapper and attaching the
running
> Delphi app, but this doesn't allow us to step through line by line and
look
> at the values in 'view locals'

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:19:28 GMT

1. Debug DLL

2. Tool for Debugging DLL's in Visual Basic 5.0

3. How to debug dll from dotnet

4. Need help debugging DLL Error

5. Debugging Dlls in Visual Basic

6. Debugging dll

7. Debugging DLLs

8. Help with debugging DLLs called from VB

9. Debug DLL

10. debug DLL called from VB apps

11. VB suddenly closes while debugging DLLs!

12. ADO error debugging DLL