Starting VB application without Shell command
Author Message
 Starting VB application without Shell command

I would like know to is there any method to trigger VB application from
another VB application? I know I can use Shell command, but is there any
other methods or API call.

Million thanks.

--
Best Regards,

Eric Yum

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:36:43 GMT
 Starting VB application without Shell command
You can use the API function CreateProcessA().
/Peo

Quote:
> I would like know to is there any method to trigger VB application from
> another VB application? I know I can use Shell command, but is there any
> other methods or API call.

> Million thanks.

> --
> Best Regards,

> Eric Yum

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:45:40 GMT
 Starting VB application without Shell command

Quote:
> I would like know to is there any method to trigger VB application from
> another VB application? I know I can use Shell command, but is there any
> other methods or API call.

> Million thanks.

> --
> Best Regards,

> Eric Yum

If the application to be started is an ActiveX exe, you could use
CreateObject.

Alexander Kienzle

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 21:41:24 GMT
 Starting VB application without Shell command
ShellExecute API:

ShellExecute Me.hwnd, "Open","FullPathToOtherVBapp", "", "", 1

Quote:
> I would like know to is there any method to trigger VB application from
> another VB application? I know I can use Shell command, but is there any
> other methods or API call.

> Million thanks.

> --
> Best Regards,

> Eric Yum

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:24:24 GMT
 Starting VB application without Shell command
Excellent Steve!!

Quote:
> ShellExecute API:

> ShellExecute Me.hwnd, "Open","FullPathToOtherVBapp", "", "", 1

> > I would like know to is there any method to trigger VB application from
> > another VB application? I know I can use Shell command, but is there any
> > other methods or API call.

> > Million thanks.

> > --
> > Best Regards,

> > Eric Yum

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:08:34 GMT

1. Starting VB application without Shell command

2. Starting VB application without Shell command

3. Shelling to an Application without multiple starts of that app

4. Simulating NET SEND in a VB Program without using SHELL commands

5. Start Net Messages without using Shell

6. Finding out if an app started by shell command is still running

7. Closing Apps Started with VB4 Shell() command

8. Kicking in Word without shell command

9. Forcing Access to wait the end of an application started by SHELL

10. Start extern applications (shell)

11. Shell Application WITHOUT Window

12. Shell Application and Wait WITHOUT Window