ObjectContext And Com+
Author Message
 ObjectContext And Com+

I am developing a VB com component that uses ObjectContext to retrieve ASP form
and querystring variables. In order to work does this component NEED to be a com+
application in order to gain access to the objectContext object? or can I just
reference the COM+ Services Type Library, and MS ASP Object Library in my VB
project and leave it simply with com?
The reason I ask is because currently my project is not a com+ app, it's
MTSTransactionMode is set to 0-NotAnMTSObject and the following code returns the
error #91 Set or with block var not set.
When I make the component a com+ app and set MTSTransactionMode to 1 -
NoTransactions I get the following error..#424 object required.
Below is some of my code.

  Dim objContext As COMSVCSLib.ObjectContext
  Dim strFrm As Variant

  Set objContext = GetObjectContext() 'Seems to fail here
  strFrm = objContext.Item("Request").Form("ID")

Any advice/help would be appreciated
thanks very much,
Megan

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 05:40:24 GMT
 ObjectContext And Com+

Quote:
> In order to work does this component NEED to be a com+ application
> in order to gain access to the objectContext object?

No

Quote:
> or can I just reference the COM+ Services Type Library, and MS ASP
> Object Library in my VB project and leave it simply with com?

Yes.

Quote:
> Below is some of my code.

Are you calling the object via server.createobject ?  If you use
CreateObject on its own you can't hook into the object context.

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:18:41 GMT

1. COM+ VB and ObjectContext

2. Where can i find Com+ Services type library or Component services com+ 1.0 for Win98

3. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

4. Begginer question about com/com+

5. Com and Com+ component

6. book on com/com+

7. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

8. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

9. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

10. ObjectContext object error

11. ObjectContext In ActiveX-DLL and WinXP: Error 91