Begineer Multithreading
Author Message
 Begineer Multithreading

hi

Can anyone give me tips of how and where do we get good
stuff for Apartment threading in VB for beginers. Helpful
if I could get some downloads stuff.

Thanks

MohanRaj

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 05:13:08 GMT
 Begineer Multithreading

Quote:

> Can anyone give me tips of how and where do we get good
> stuff for Apartment threading in VB for beginers. Helpful
> if I could get some downloads stuff.

I've posted some "starter kits" before...

 URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=e0yo%23nouBHA.360%40tkmsftngp07

 URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ti4il33cc9i94f%40corp.supernews.com

Note that passing lots of data between threads will be very slow,
and calling an object on another thread while that thread is busy
will cause the caller to hang until the other thread is done or
calls DoEvents.  I usually just raise an event when the worker
thread is ready for more work.

Also have a look at the CCRP timer controls, which don't need to be
hosted within a form:

 URL:http://mvps.org/ccrp/download/ccrpdownloads.htm

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  DC8s in Spaace: <http://www.xenu.net/>

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:43:07 GMT
 Begineer Multithreading

Quote:

(SNIP)
> I've posted some "starter kits" before...

>  URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=e0yo%23nouBHA.360%40tkmsftngp07

(SNIP)

Wow.

That's a kit, alright... Can pop the whole thing into VB and fiddle with it until it breaks to see how it works.

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:51:26 GMT

1. Visual Basic Begineer

2. Begineer looking for help with forms

3. Scroll Bar (begineer)

4. Multithreading in Access - Is it possible?

5. DAO 3.5 and multithreading --yes or no?

6. Access and multithreading...

7. Multithreading in Com Add in blocks Outlook Event Handlers

8. sockets and multithreading

9. Multithreading

10. Multithreading a new form

11. Multithreading and shared variables

12. Multithreading - SyncLock / mutex / shared resources