Permission Denied and Avoiding DLL Compiling During Development
Author Message
 Permission Denied and Avoiding DLL Compiling During Development

Hi,

I'm relatively new to COM development and I became very tired of restarting
IIS every time I compile a new DLL.

During a demonstration of SOAP I attended earlier this year, I noticed that
the speaker ran VB in debug mode and made all the changes he wanted
on-the-fly without having to compile a new DLL each time.

How did he do this?

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:47:52 GMT
 Permission Denied and Avoiding DLL Compiling During Development
Hi,

You may check the following article:

Q166279 HOWTO: Lifetime of a COM Component Under IIS, ASP, and RDS
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q166/2/79.asp

Regards,

Nick

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:17:38 GMT
 Permission Denied and Avoiding DLL Compiling During Development
Q259725 - PRB: Error Occurs When You Debug a COM+ Component Under
the Visual Basic IDE with an ASP Client
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q259/7/25.ASP

This gives some clues about the configuration you'll probably need to get
this to work.

Ade.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm relatively new to COM development and I became very tired of
restarting
> IIS every time I compile a new DLL.

> During a demonstration of SOAP I attended earlier this year, I noticed
that
> the speaker ran VB in debug mode and made all the changes he wanted
> on-the-fly without having to compile a new DLL each time.

> How did he do this?

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:59:43 GMT
 Permission Denied and Avoiding DLL Compiling During Development
Thank you so much. I got it working exactly the way I wanted. :)

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:26:45 GMT

1. Compiling DLL and getting Permission Denied

2. Permission Denied on Compile of DLL using Personal Web Server

3. ActiveX DLL Re-Compile: Permission Denied (AGAIN)

4. How to avoid error 70: permission denied?

5. Permission Denied on OpenDatabase during Make exe

6. Permission Denied during Recompile

7. Permission Denied(compile error) with opendatabase statement

8. compiling and rdo denied permissions

9. vb5 compile error: permission denied on opendatabase

10. Permission denied with RDO when compiling

11. permission denied when re-compiling

12. Permission Denied while compiling...