>>> Visual Basic Grid control - Which one is the best out there? <<<
Author Message
 >>> Visual Basic Grid control - Which one is the best out there? <<<

Hi I'm wondering what's the BEST VB GRID control ? - i've heard of Spread
3.0, True DBgrid Pro, Janus GridEX and others.  What i want is a grid with a
nice user interface, easy to code, and with easy database integration (sql7)

I'd really appreciate if someone could email me with their recommendations
which one to pick.  I don't care about price, just performance, look and
feel, design, and ease of use/programming.  I would like the grid to be able
to have formula functions in cells, either by user programming them, like in
excel, or coded.

don't reply to this posting on this message board, because there are soooo
many posts, I won't find my reply!

Thanks in advance!  :)

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:09:11 GMT
 >>> Visual Basic Grid control - Which one is the best out there? <<<
Hi,
There is no possible answer to your question!
There are (as you have mentioned) many grids out there, all with their pros and
cons!
For example, Sheridan' UltraGrid is great for customization - you can customize
everything from the simplest cell grid to the entire grid's way of work.
However, it lacks quite a few properties which makes TrueDBGrid an excellent
solution - like transposed view (that is, data in columns instead of rows),
backwords compatibility with the DataGrid and DBGrid supplied with VB, and much
more.
Then again, there is also VSFlexGrid which allows you a few capabilities that
are more Excel-like in nature.

Each and every grid has its strong points and weak points.
I suggest doing the same thing I did:
Download the evaluation grids and test them all - you can find them all at
http://www.componentsource.com for example.

Good luck!

PS. Personally, I chose TrueDBGrid over Sheridan UltraGrid - but only because it
had a few capabilities that I needed more than the great abilities of UltraGrid.

Quote:

> Hi I'm wondering what's the BEST VB GRID control ? - i've heard of Spread
> 3.0, True DBgrid Pro, Janus GridEX and others.  What i want is a grid with a
> nice user interface, easy to code, and with easy database integration (sql7)

> I'd really appreciate if someone could email me with their recommendations
> which one to pick.  I don't care about price, just performance, look and
> feel, design, and ease of use/programming.  I would like the grid to be able
> to have formula functions in cells, either by user programming them, like in
> excel, or coded.

> don't reply to this posting on this message board, because there are soooo
> many posts, I won't find my reply!

> Thanks in advance!  :)

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:06:53 GMT

1. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

3. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

6. >>>>>Simple Basic for Macintosh?<<<<<

7. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

8. <<<Cneck Box>>>

9. <<<Gif Files>>>

10. <<<CD ROM>>>

11. <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>