IDE Crashes on Exit in Windows XP
Author Message
 IDE Crashes on Exit in Windows XP

Since I started using windows XP whenever I try to access
the properties of a command object of a connection from a
DataEnvironment Visual Basic completely shuts down.  I
also get the same error message saying the Visual Basic
has encountered some errors and needs to close whenever I
exit from the IDE.  I never had these problems until I
started with Windows XP.  I do have SP5.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:28:51 GMT
 IDE Crashes on Exit in Windows XP
Hello,

There is a bug with XP and VP DataEnvironment !
To correct this you have 2 solutions:
1) When you save you project before closing VB, make sure you
DataEnvironment Code dialog is closed.
2) Do not use Theme in XP. (Goto Display properties dialog the select the
Appearance tab and select "Windows Classic style" in the Windows and buttons
dropdown)

Regards,

Gilles Labelle
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
> Since I started using windows XP whenever I try to access
> the properties of a command object of a connection from a
> DataEnvironment visual basic completely shuts down.  I
> also get the same error message saying the Visual Basic
> has encountered some errors and needs to close whenever I
> exit from the IDE.  I never had these problems until I
> started with Windows XP.  I do have SP5.

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 02:01:32 GMT

1. VB6 crash on exit (XP), won't hit breakpoint (NT/XP)

2. VB6 crashes on exit of IDE

3. Crash on exit from IDE

4. VB IDE crashes randomly on 2000/XP

5. DAO Foxpro dbf crashes in windows XP

6. VB6 crashes when trying to add controls in Windows XP

7. Moving working app from Windows ME to XP crashes

8. Emulator causes Windows XP Professional to crash

9. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP

10. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

11. VB6 IDE Kicks Me Out When Exiting Application

12. I want to exit Windows or restart windows from a VB5 Program