Packaging Problems!
Author Message
 Packaging Problems!

Hi guys
I hope you can help me!

When trying to package my program I get the following error:
says "an unknown error occured while building the cabinet file
'maintenance.cab' please verify that you have proper access to the
destination and that there is sufficient space there to create the file."
--

tia
J. Zielieke

Technical Services

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:36:15 GMT
 Packaging Problems!
Where are you trying to create the package?

If it is a network location, make sure you have sufficient rights to create
files and folders there.  Also make sure there is enough room on the
network drive and that you don't have any space quotas that you are hitting.

If it is a local hard drive make sure you have plenty of hard drive space.

If it is a floppy drive, don't create it there.  Instead create it on the
hard drive and then move to the floppy disks.

Make sure your project name is not a reserved word (such as PRN, LPT, COM,
etc).

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support

--------------------

| Subject: Packaging Problems!
| Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:36:15 -0500

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs
|
| Hi guys
| I hope you can help me!
|
| When trying to package my program I get the following error:
| says "an unknown error occured while building the cabinet file
| 'maintenance.cab' please verify that you have proper access to the
| destination and that there is sufficient space there to create the file."
| --
|
| tia
| J. Zielieke

| Technical Services

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 06:47:20 GMT
 Packaging Problems!
Hi Kevin :)

Ive tried creating it on my local machine and I still receive the same error
even though
I have nearly 15 gigs free.

I was just writing this reply when I came to realize exactly how large my
database is...
1.2 Mb
I tried packaging it without the database and it worked fine :)
Ill just add the database to the setup file afterwards.

Thanks for your help :)  It was just the kick I needed!

--
Jane Zielieke

Technical Services

Quote:
> Where are you trying to create the package?

> If it is a network location, make sure you have sufficient rights to
create
> files and folders there.  Also make sure there is enough room on the
> network drive and that you don't have any space quotas that you are
hitting.

> If it is a local hard drive make sure you have plenty of hard drive space.

> If it is a floppy drive, don't create it there.  Instead create it on the
> hard drive and then move to the floppy disks.

> Make sure your project name is not a reserved word (such as PRN, LPT, COM,
> etc).

> Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support

> --------------------

> | Subject: Packaging Problems!
> | Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:36:15 -0500

> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.bugs

> -00!dispose.news.demon.net!demon!colt.net!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-onl
in
> e.de!tkmsftngp01!tkmsftngp03
> |
> | Hi guys
> | I hope you can help me!
> |
> | When trying to package my program I get the following error:
> | says "an unknown error occured while building the cabinet file
> | 'maintenance.cab' please verify that you have proper access to the
> | destination and that there is sufficient space there to create the
file."
> | --
> |
> | tia
> | J. Zielieke

> | Technical Services

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:10:23 GMT

1. Package problem

2. package problems

3. VB6.0 Package Problem

4. ADO Packaging problem

5. Setup package problem with expsrv.dll

6. Packaging Problem

7. Packaging Problem with D\Environment

8. ASP calling DTS Package Problem

9. Package problem

10. PACKAGING PROBLEM----HELP ME... PLEASE?

11. ActiveX Control Package, Problem? Save me from baldness, I don't have much hair left!

12. Can Package and Deployment Wizard handle COM packages?