Problems with opening the serial port using MsComm
Author Message
 Problems with opening the serial port using MsComm

Hello everybody,

I am using VB6 with windows NT 4.0 SP 6. I am trying to use the serial port
to send some informatin to a bar-code printer. When I try to initialise the
port MsComm.OpenPort=true I get the message Error 8015: could not set comm
state; there maybe be one or more invalid communications parameters. I
changed the parameters in all possible ways and it still does not work! The
annoying thing is that copy command_file.txt COM1 from the DOS prompt works.
Any ideas what might be wrong or did anyone have similar problems?

Grzegorz
--
Grzegorz Adamiec
Max-Planck-Institute for Biogeochemistry, Jena, Germany

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:38:44 GMT

1. Problems with using the control MSComm for serial port communication

2. Using serial port without using MSCOMM

3. open serial port with mscomm

4. MSComm problem with multi-port serial card

5. Serial port MSCOMM printing problems

6. mscomm - send/receive from serial port

7. ?MSCOMM - Read Signals From Serial Ports

8. Mscomm, serial port question

9. Mscomm doesn't hear my serial port

10. VB Communications, MSComm, Serial Ports and Modems...

11. Modems, Serial Ports, MSComm and VB

12. Modem, serial port, MSComm and VB Communications