Calling a VBA project (macro) using a hot key
Author Message
 Calling a VBA project (macro) using a hot key

Hi:

I would like to know whether there is a way to call a macro (VB script) I
created using a hot key either using API or some sort of sub-classing. I
know you can do so with executable programs but I don't know about macros
since it runs within a host application. I'll appreciate any help you can
provide.

Basically what I am trying to find out is a way of running a script without
going through the Tools-Macro dialog box. Thanks for the help, whatever you
can provide.

Jennifer

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 04:13:50 GMT
 Calling a VBA project (macro) using a hot key
Jennifer:

You might want to check out "AutoKeys" in Access Help. If your question really
has nothing to do with Access then I guess I have no answer for you.

You don't need to cross-post to nearly so many newsgroups - one is usually all
that is necessary and 2 or 3 should be a reasonable limit.
--
Bruce M. Thompson, Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
>>No Email, Please. Keep all communications

    within the newsgroups so that all might benefit.<<

Quote:
> Hi:

> I would like to know whether there is a way to call a macro (VB script) I
> created using a hot key either using API or some sort of sub-classing. I
> know you can do so with executable programs but I don't know about macros
> since it runs within a host application. I'll appreciate any help you can
> provide.

> Basically what I am trying to find out is a way of running a script without
> going through the Tools-Macro dialog box. Thanks for the help, whatever you
> can provide.

> Jennifer

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 08:50:40 GMT

1. Calling a VBA project (macro) using a hot key

2. Calling a VBA project (macro) using a hot key

3. Calling a VBA project (macro) using a hot key

4. Using a VBA Macro to copy a VBA Macro

5. Macro Hot Key

6. API Hot Key call in VB program to activate another resident program

7. VBA coding to call an Excel VBA macro from Outlook

8. Activating a procedure in a vb app using a hot key combination

9. Activating a procedure in a vb app using a hot key combination

10. Assigning arrow keys as hot keys

11. Sending key command to a global hot key

12. Standard for function-keys and hot-keys?